wreath that is.
I saw this wreath on Tatertots and Jello and decided to put my own spin on it. As you can see, I did not embroider the words like in my inspiration. I am too impatient for that. It was easier to make a freezer paper stencil with my cricut and then use orange, yellow, and red paint to paint the words in. I also used some muslin instead of linen. I was also not going to go out and buy a burlap garland when I have a bunch of the stuff by the yard that is easily cut into the size of stripes I wanted and ruffled it while I was gluing it to the embroidery hoop.
The flowers are just the typical rolled fabric flowers. If you want to know how to make them, google rolled fabric flowers and you will probably get millions of hits. I used denim (which are probably my favorite flowers on the wreath), more burlap, and other material that was in my ever growing stash.
Make sure that you have a ton a glue for your hot glue gun as well. (between making the flowers and gluing the burlap onto the embroidery hoop and the flowers onto the wreath, I think I went through almost a whole package of glue sticks) Also make sure to keep your hands out of the way until the glue had cooled a bit, otherwise, your fingers will hurt for the next several days because you need to finish before a child comes home from school and wants to help. At least the other child was conveniently tearing apart the other side of the sewing room, hence leaving me alone. Oh, and putting rocks and other little things in a baby food jar and shaking it to hear the sounds it made.
No comments:
Post a Comment