Saturday, February 1, 2014

Reflection Part 2

Part 1 here.

So, we ended with the desert mirage imagery last time. Now it is on to some good news.

Over the past year, Lot and I have been looking for employment. We needed something that would work around the appointments and eventual transplant, that did not require Sunday work, and was an all around good place to work. We finally found it too! I got on the LDS jobs site a few weeks ago and was scrolling through all the new stuff and happened upon a job that I was well qualified for, was part time, no Sundays, and I am still home before Drake gets out of school. I put in an application, hoping, but not too hard, that they would like what they saw.

They did! I am now working at Melaleuca in the home office cafeteria. I work 6-1 Monday through Thursday. I am the primary prep person (I cut a ton of veggies, make various salads, portion several kinds of dressings, etc) and delivery driver. There are 4 other sites in Idaho Falls that can order a meal from the main cafeteria. That food is packed in the appropriate tote and I take it to the facility from 10:30-11:30. When I get back from the deliveries, I finish the prep work and busy with the 3 sinks full of dishes. Once 1 o'clock hits, I am clocking out and on my my home. I am not able to stay up later anymore. 9 o'clock it about my limit:) Even on my days off, I am up early, but then I can get ready for the day, and write up these posts without interruption. I enjoy the work and ALL the people I work with. One of the perks is a free meal every day. I don't have to make anything to take with me, I just have to make a hard decision everyday on what I want. All of the food is great and there is a huge variety to choose from.


Lot is still able to make it to his appointments, he just needs to take Konnor with him once a month when he gets his blood drawn. Those are always in the morning during the first few days of the month and, fortunately, don't last too long and Konnor can be in the stroller the whole time. Lot also now does all the grocery shopping, Our normal grocery day is Monday mornings, after Chloe gets dropped off at preschool. I now know how Lot felt when he was working and came home to new things in the fridge and cupboards. It is kinda nice when I need a snack and to go through the kitchen and not know what is there.

The proverbial weight has been lifted from our shoulders knowing that the financial situation has eased and that if we want to go on a date night once or twice a month, we can do that, as well as bolster our savings account and pay off debt faster. I can't describe how good it feels to finally have a decent-to-us amount leftover after the bills are paid for the month.

We have been looked out for this year, both on earth and from heaven and I know that that will never change,


Final Chapter coming soon.

1 comment:

  1. Lot is a good guy. He was my companion in the Iowa mission. Lot got me throught the sadness of my mom getting very sick while I was away. My mom was sick for three years in and out of the hospital. I can sort of imagine what you are going through. Your family is always in my prayers. I have a bad neck so I do not work, that is tough but I do try to think of my blessings. If Lot does not read this tell him he has a special place in my heart. Wish we had been in contact always. One day we could talk on the phone. From Brandon in Sacramento California

    ReplyDelete