Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A very Star Wars Halloween

I have finished the costumes! Now I have just under 8 weeks to make several things for Christmas. Lot's Starkiller costume turned out great, if I do say so myself, which I do:) I had trouble with Chloe's ladybug costume and I still am not satisfied with it, but she doesn't care as long as she is comfortable. So without further ado, here are the costumes:
I freehanded the lady bug shape and then used my cricut to cut out the fabric circles. Then just ironed them on and sewed around the edges.  I had the hardest time trying to figure out how to attach the thing to the shirt. I started out with straps, and then a button with the straps. Velcro was out because if Chloe can pull her bibs off, she will pull her costume off. There was also the issue of having it flap around in the back, so I decided to sew it to the shirt. I just hand stitched it with some black thread so that I can easily take it off after Halloween and Chloe can have a cute black shirt and pants.

I found a black headband that I wrapped black pipe cleaners around and made curly and then glued red pom poms to the ends. She had a hard time leaving it along, hence no picture with it on. So you will just have to trust me that it was way cute. Oh, and that is her very first sucker, a blue raspberry dum dum. She LOVED it and screamed when I took it away because it was getting all over and down to the end and I did not want her to suck on the stick so much that a piece of the stick would fall off and choke her. She has entered the stage of screaming when we take something away that she wants. Kinda funny to witness.

I had to bribe Drake with popcorn and watching How To Train Your Dragon when we got home to get him to take this picture and stand that close to Vader. He was scared and thought that was really Darth Vader. I had to explain to him several times that it is just a guy in a costume like how Drake is wearing a costume, but he isn't really Darth Vader, either. He warmed up to the guy and even gave him 5. All the way home and until he fell asleep, he kept saying we needed to go find a light saber like his. Lot talked to him and said it cost about $100, so I don't think Drake will be getting one any time soon.

Right as we were leaving, Drake decided that he wanted to take a few pictures with his mask on, so we went back in and Drake had a ball with the mask on. It was kinda cramped in there, but this was the best shot. I need to get a DSLR camera so that I can get better pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment