| It's like she has a craft radar. As soon as I set foot in this room, no matter where she is, she comes running to "help." |
| I am not sure if that is a banana or some marshmallows in her hand and mouth. |
| Just woke up from a nap & watching a movie. |
| The kids "fell asleep" on the floor, about 20 minutes after they woke up one Saturday morning. |
| These were the best pictures we could get of Drake's Christmas program. |
We really haven't been up to much. I forgot the memory card for our camera, so Christmas morning pictures are on my parent's camera. When we get those, I will post a few.
Lot is still chugging along at work. He has been at Play N Trade for 5 years in March. It is a job that pays the bills, and we are grateful that he has a job, but it has come time to change. There is no more opportunity for advancement and a raise does not look like it will be happening anytime soon. He has sent out several resumes and is, right now, checking on a resume he sent a few weeks ago.
I am no longer sick with the this pregnancy, but I am starting to get uncomfortable. I still have to eat every 2 hours or so, but not because I need to keep something in my stomach. It is because the baby is already squishing my stomach and I can't eat very much at once. We have been informed that this baby is also going to be a big baby. No surprise there:) Chloe and Drake love to pat and poke my stomach to try to wake the baby up so they can feel him kick. Which is quite often now.
Drake still loves school and has been waking up before we can wake him up at 7. He will get dressed and watch a show on PBS or turn the computer on and play a game. On an almost daily basis, he asks how big he will be on his birthday and then how big he will be when the baby comes. The answer never changes, "about as big as you are now." He has been obsessed with counting things and singing songs. He still sings Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer at the top of his lungs.
Chloe still climbs and gets into everything. She knows how to get water out of the fridge, so we have to keep that locked or she will stand there and overflow her cup all the time. She loves to play with the play doh stuff she got for her birthday. We have already had to throw a few colors away because they got left out overnight. There is also play doh constantly in the carpet, waiting to be scrapped up. But at least it can be cleaned up, unlike the packet of tropical punch kool aid that she opened last summer on the dining room floor. There will forever be a bright red spot on the floor. Or at least until we rip up the carpet and put laminate flooring down. Maybe next year? Chloe also loves to read books. We have caught her grabbing books and then sitting on the hard floor reading them. We just need to teach her the right way to put them back. You can only stack so many books before the pile falls over.
Well, that is a short catch up about us. I better go read a book and think about the shower curtain I need to sew (and have had everything to make it since the spring) and the baby stuff I would like to make.
No comments:
Post a Comment