*Warning: Potty talk ahead. Just thought you should know*
Remember a while ago when I posted this picture:
Well, I put it off for a few months. Finally, on Monday last week, I finally hit a breaking point. Chloe had taken off a poopy diaper without telling me for the last time. So, starting Tuesday morning, she started to potty train. We had a few hits, but mostly misses. She has a potty chart on the fridge that she gets to put a sticker on whenever she goes. She also gets 1 m&m.Each day since it has gotten better. She even popped on the potty on Friday night, but I think that was more good timing on our part. She will occasionally tell us when she needs to go, but 95% of the time, we have to ask her/take her to the bathroom. Then, yesterday, I think we had a breakthrough. She wore a diaper to church because Lot had to teach a class and I was busy with Primary, so we didn't have time to go check on her every 30 minutes to see if she had to go. When I finally got home after 2 meetings, I found out that Chloe told Lot that she had to poop, and she actually did! Twice!
Yesterday was the first day that she had NO accidents! She even woke up dry this morning. I hope I am not jinxing her by saying that either. She loves to go so she can pick a sticker to put on her 2nd chart. After her success yesterday, she filled up her chart and I needed to print a new one. There are 28 spaces for stickers. I thought it would take much longer to fill it up. If (hopefully when) this keeps up, by the end of the end of the week, we should be able to call Chloe potty trained!
Then we can have a few months of no diapers/pull ups (except at night) until the baby comes.
No comments:
Post a Comment