It was cute enough, but with all the browns, animals, and alphabet, it was just a little too gender neutral. But it worked for the time being.
I bought fabric about 4 months ago with the intention of recovering the infant car seat and finally got around to doing it this past week. Recovering the seat part was incredibly easy. The canopy? A pain in the butt. If you want to tackle this project, I suggest you pick fabric that matches a few colors on your existing car seat, or at least on the canopy. I made the canopy from scratch and didn't take enough before photos to reference when putting it back together, but after some trial and error, and some quality time with my seam ripper, I got it.
And the finished car seat:
It is still pretty neutral, at least I think so. When the child comes, if it is a girl, I will pin some pink flowers on the canopy where the wide yellow stripe is. If you want to attempt your own, you can go to Make it and Love it to get a good starting point on how to do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment