Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Konnor's 1st Birthday!!!

**Update (May 2, 11 am) We just got back from Konnor's doctor appointment and he is in the 77th percentile for weight and 64th for height. He is growing and developing great. We did have a concern with his dirty diapers and came out with the diagnosis of lactose intolerance:( I guess it makes sense since I was lactose intolerant when I was pregnant with him. I may just start buying almond milk for everyone so that I don't have to buy 3 kinds of milk every week. Konnor will need to get his fat, that he would otherwise get from whole milk, from another source.

**There is also a picture of the dinosaur cupcakes at the bottom.

One year ago tonight, I was laying in the hospital, trying to sleep. Konnor was safely tucked in his bassinet and only a few hours old. He weighed in at 8lbs 15oz and 21 inches long. Tomorrow, we go in for his 1 year appointment. The year has flown by. He is on the verge of walking unassisted, says mom, dad, and hi. He loves to explore and shake everything. He gets very upset if he is not allowed to go outside. Baths are also not high on his list of favorites. He eats everything put in front of him and loves to drink from his sippy cups. He hates when we are not eating the same thing he is. 2 haircuts are under his belt, which is ever expanding. He is currently in 18-24 month clothes and wears a size 5-51/2 shoe. His favorite song is the Star Wars theme song (although he will dance to just about anything). He loves to tear apart Drake's Lego's and dump all of them out and crawl through them.

Konnor is fairly easy to please and loves to laugh, giggle, and smile. He is a mover when he sleeps and we love to go and peek in on him before we go to bed to see what new/funny position he is in. Unloading the dishwasher (whether the dishes are clean or dirty) is a favorite pastime of his. Peek-a-Boo is still a favorite game. His eyes are still a very pretty shade of blue with a light blue halo around the iris's.

Konnor is a very easy going baby and usually rolls with whatever we have to do. He brings so much joy to us and our house. It has been a whirlwind year and as hectic as it was at times, Konnor was always the bright spot in the tough times. We are so thankful that we have been intrusted with his care while he is on this earth. We are excited to see what the next year brings with Konnor Grayson!

We had a small party for Konnor tonight and remembered to take pictures!!

Konnor seems to know exactly what to do with his jumbo cupcake:) He had enough frosting on his face that we had a hard time seeing if he was smiling or not.

He is such a mover that so many of our pictures of Konnor are blurry:)

Nope! Not road rash! That is what a 1 year old can do to a red velvet cupcake in about 2 minutes. Oh, and the frosting was a marshmallow frosting, so he was extra sticky.

Cake boogers:)

As much as he hates to have his hair washed, I just had to do it. He rubbed cake and frosting all over on the left side of his head. He was also Two-Face for a little while. The right side of his face was fairly clean, but it was a totally different story on the left:)

He loves to chase and bite balls, and now he has 2 of his own so Chloe won't get mad that her big blue ball is all slobbery.

Most of his loot:) Konnor pushes around everything he can that helps him to walk, so we decided that he needed things (that were not chairs or a doll stroller) to do that with. Grandma and Grandpa got him the rideon/push train that he has yet to play with because Drake and Chloe seem to think that baby toys are more fun than all of their stuff.
Oh, his cake! I made a red velvet (and really need to get my brother's recipe as the two I used were not nearly as good as his). I made a giant cupcake for Konnor and had regular cupcakes and a layered 8 inch cake as well. The cupcakes had big green triangle sprinkles for spikes and a pick that had a dinosaur head on them. The frosting was a light yellow. So, we had yellow and green dinosaur cupcakes:) I will try to take a picture of them before the rest get eaten tomorrow, but in the mean time, here is a screen shot of the kit that I used. I found it at Zurchers.

Dino Cupcake Decorating Kit 

I almost bought this kit:

Monster Cupcake Decorating Kit

But I really liked the dinosaurs.



No comments:

Post a Comment