I love living close enough to walk to the parade. There seemed to be way more people this year, although the parade was shorter than the last 2 years. Here are the few pictures I took. I was too busy helping Chloe get candy and stay out of the road. She LOVED to race to the candy. Her favorite part was the horses. Drake's favorite part was the semi trucks pulling the floats. Both kids loved the helicopters that flew over several times. Chloe didn't like the the loud truck horns and Drake just about ran away when we saw some clowns! (Not sure why, he has never been afraid of them before)
We bought some fireworks today and have already let off 2 packs (12 total) of smoke bombs and the rest of the snaps (7 boxes left over from last year) We didn't intentionally buy more sparklers (we have 4 boxes left over from last year), but the pack that we bought had 6! boxes in it with 6 sparklers in each box! We bought some helicopter thingy's that Drake has been begging to light off, but I told him that he has to wait until Daddy gets home and it gets darker to light them. I think we are going to go to Scotty's (like Sonic, but local) and get some ice cream and then stay there to watch the fireworks on the greenbelt.
Happy 4th of July! We hope it is safe and fun for you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment