Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Kites

Since it is way past the 4th of July, I thought that I had better change the wreath on my door. I can't remember where I saw this idea and since it was so easy to do, I didn't pin it on one of my Pinterest boards. (If you have seen this anywhere, let me know so I can give credit where credit is due)


It is a kite cut from Dollar Store foam board with summer scrapbook paper mod podged on top. Then I took it ourside and sprayed it with a sealer since the rain does sometimes hit the door. To cover up the edges and where the papers meet on the top, I hot glued really skinny green ribbon on the edges and a red with white polka dot ribbon on the front. The tail is red ribbon with 1 1/2 striped ribbon tied onto it in bows. 

To hang on the door, I used duct tape. No kidding. I hot glued a scrap of ribbon to the top to hang from the nail, but the mod podge caused the foam board to warp a little, so it didn't sit flat. So I used duct tape to keep it in place and tucked the ribbon hanger behind the kite. The tail is also duct taped in place.

And since summer is almost over, what should I put up there at the end of August to celebrate Fall? Oh, maybe a tree with falling leaves? I can cut and decorate the tree similar to the kite and then cut leaves with my cricut. Hmm. Have to think about that and the time involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment