It has been surprisingly nice the last few weeks, so we have spent a lot of time outside. For some reason this spring, we have had a TON of robins in our backyard. They love the crab apples that did not get raked up in the fall. There was about 2 dozen out there one day. Drake and Chloe can now recognize which birds are robins and then all the other birds are just birds to them.That is one reason for the lack of posts the last month. We have also been fighting with colds and croup and the flu. I have been trying to get a few more things sewn for the baby (countdown: 5 weeks, 6 days) and the kids. I finished Chloe's Easter dress last week and am now working on Drake's matching tie. For some reason, I can not get it to work and am on the 3rd try. Good thing I have lots of extra fabric to make it.
 |
| Chloe's Dress |
 |
| Close-up of the main fabric |
 |
| Close-up of the accent fabric. This is the fabric that I am using for Drake's tie. |
I also got in a HUGE fight with my ruffler foot and it won:( I have decided that my machine is the only one that the "universal" foot will not fit properly. I broke a needle, cried a little, and then gave up. I am going to have to ruffle things the hard, long way and deal with broken threads. So, if you are looking for a ruffling foot for a low shank sewing machine, I have one for you for $10. Only used properly once, when my mom got it to work. Since then, it hates me.
Oh, the other thing that has kept me from updating the blog is that it takes me twice as long to get anything done. My energy level is about zero most days, and my patience for waiting for pictures to upload onto the blog has disappeared. Not that we have taken too many pictures the last month. We are also trying to get the yard cleaned up, which takes longer because I have to rest every few minutes and watch Lot do it. The back is done, until we level it and plant grass, and the front has been thought about. Need to get rid of the snow first. It was all gone and then we woke up this morning, April 2nd, to snow. Not much, but enough to cover the greening grass and my tulips and daffodils that are coming up. Lot and I counted 13 last night. There are 25 in the side bed. The bleeding hearts are also starting to make a comeback. Now we need to till and fertilize the garden this week, weather permitting, and we are ready to plant. Or at least think about it:)
No comments:
Post a Comment