I could not decide on what kind of Halloween decoration to make for the door, so I didn't make one! Shock, I know. I got out the few cricut cartridges that I have (and a couple that I "stole" from my Mom with her knowledge) and looked through them to see if there were any acceptable Halloween images that I could use. On Doodlecharms, there was a pumpkin and a spider, but they were to cutesy. Besides, I already used the spider on the mailbox. On the WildCard cartridge, which is for making cards, there were several images that I liked. I knew I wanted a flock of bats (is that what a group of bats is even called?) and several sizes of spiders. There was also a spider web that came in handy. SO check out my few hours of madness below:)
If you looked closely at the window in the door, you should notice something different. Here let me give you a hint.
I got rid of the diamonds!!! After approximately 18 months of them being on, some were starting to peel off and I was tired of them. I wanted something that you really could not see through. Enter etched glass vinyl! And at 99 cents a sheet, not a bad price either. I should have gone with the 12x12 sheets instead of the 6x12 though. The rectangles on the door are about 6 1/2 inches across and 11 inches long, so I didn't get the complete window covered like I wanted. I tried to center the vinyl on the glass so that you can only see along the sides and tops. There is much more privacy with the etched glass vinyl. And it will be up there longer than the diamonds. I messed up on a window and had to peel the vinyl off. It was more like scrape and tear it off. I got it off, but I will NOT be changing the window again for a long time.


No comments:
Post a Comment