Friday, April 19, 2013

Funny Story...

So, I have a funny/embarrassing story to tell. It is something that I can't not write down. I need this for posterity's sake. I am not a good story teller by any means, but I will give it a good shot.

It started like every other morning in our household. No one wants to get up and get going. Our beds are just too warm and comfortable. We finally get going and get Drake off to school. Konnor and Chloe have the breakfast of champions, Fruit Loops and Fruity Pebbles washed down with milk. Lot and I take our time getting ready; we don't have to be anywhere until 10 (Lot needed another I.V. bag of iron). The kids are playing well and getting along. Chloe looses the tape measure again. You know, a typical morning for us.

At this point, Konnor has been awake long enough to have his morning full diaper. I scoop him up and set him on our bed to change him. He throws a small fit, but calms down easily. While his mouth is open during this fit, I notice something white and bumpy on the roof of his mouth. I panic! What is that world is that? I briefly stick my finger in and rub it, and it does not come off. The first thing I think of is that he has thrush and run to find my book to check the symptoms. He did not have any of the symptoms. I am still worried, so I call his pediatricians office and get an appointment set up for an hour later.

I proceed to finish changing his diaper and get him dressed and ready for his appointment. In this process, I stick my finger in his mouth again and pry his mouth open (he bites hard, by the way). Upon closer inspection, it does not look like an infection. I grab a Kleenex and wipe the roof of his mouth and stuff comes off! It is then that Lot decides to tell me that Konnor found some bread under the table this morning at that it is probably bread at the roof of his mouth, not some bad disease or infection! And, yep! It was bread!

I felt so dumb calling the office back and explaining to them why I did not need the appointment after all.

So there you have it. I do not mind if you laugh at me, as Lot had a good laugh at my expense. I am laughing at myself as well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment