Sunday, November 14, 2010

What do all these things have in common?

(Laundry detergent, Oxi-Clean, Clorox 2, WD-40,  a medium bristle toothbrush and a hard bristle brush)
They are all products that were used to get orange crayon out of a FULL load of the kids' clothes. I forgot the Dawn dish soap, so just picture a bottle of the blue stuff next to the detergent and Oxi Clean.

I did a load of the kids' clothes last night because Drake has 5 pairs of pants and was wearing the last one. There must have been a crayon in a pocket, because when I pulled the clothes out of the dryer, they all had orange crayon all over them. While I was feeding Chloe, Lot took the clothes and started to work on them. Did I mention that this was at 9 o'clock last night? Lot's mom helped him and when I put Chloe to bed, I ran to WinCo to get more WD-40, Oxi-Clean, and cheap toothbrushes. We sprayed the clothes with WD-40, squirted dish soap on them and then scrubbed with the toothbrushes. Then threw them in to wash twice with the detergent and Clorox 2.

There are no more orange splotches on the clothes, but they do smell a little, but not as bad as I thought they would. I got a tip from someone who said to use mineral spirits instead of the WD-40, so next time (and there WILL be a next time) I will try that instead. There is also a product that is used with an iron. It couldn't make it any worse, so that is on the list to try next time as well.

The only casualties were some socks of Chloe's that were not worth the effort to clean. She needed new socks anyway.

Oh, and if you need to know how to get dried paint off clothes, I can tell you how to do that as well. Or nail polish off of tile and a counter and sink. And crayon and colored pencils off of walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment