Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving

*Update: I have been called as the 1st counselor in the Primary.*

We had a great day! I almost forgot to put the turkey in the oven and the stuffing in the crock-pot, but I made just in time to eat at 1. Chloe loved the corn, mashed potatoes, stuffing, pretzel salad, and the rolls. She didn't like the turkey to much. Drake loved it all and made a turkey sandwich with his roll, just like Daddy. I made a pumpkin pie that turned out awesome and a banana cream pie that Drake and Chloe love because it has whipped cream on it. While I was making the pies, Drake kept asking to lick the whipped cream off the lid. We are still eating leftovers even though I bought a 16 pound turkey instead of the usual 20-24 pound turkey. One more night for the turkey and then I will freeze the rest. I need room in the fridge for the broccoli cheese soup I am making for tomorrow's lunch. I better make some bread bowls, too.

All of the decorations are up for Christmas, except a tree. K-Mart had one for $20 yesterday, but when my sister went to get one, they were all gone, so we need to find a tree lot and buy one that is skinny and about 6 1/2 feet tall. It is a good thing that I stocked up a couple of years ago on shatterproof ornaments because Chloe is a grabber and I think that she will drop many ornaments this year. We will see. She may just look at the lights. I think we will have to wait to put presents under the tree until Christmas Eve because she likes to play with everything.

I have finished a handful of presents and they turned out so well. I can't post pictures because they are for some people that I know read this, so you will have to wait until after Christmas for those. I have also received a new calling and I will update this post with what that is tomorrow after I have officially been called.

Oh, and Chloe will be turning 1 in 13 days! It has almost been a full year. Boy the time has flown by. Must be because of the days blurring together due to lack of sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new calling!! I can't believe you made it so long without one! :-) Can't wait to see all the goodies you've been crafting up for Christmas. If mine turn out half as nice as yours...I'll be a hit! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is the other way around, Kandice. If mine turn out half as nice as yours, I'll be a hit. Although, the I-spy bag I just made for Drake turned out very well.

    ReplyDelete