For some reason, we have never made a gingerbread house at Christmas time. I thought Drake would love it, so we went to Winco and went crazy with the bulk candies. I made the house out of real gingerbread, but I did not cook it long enough, so the roof bows in and on our first attempt putting it together, it fell apart. We left the roof off overnight and then when we went to put it on today, part of the right side fell off; we just ran with it because I did not want to make another roof. For the most part, I put the royal icing on and Drake put the candies on. We used wafer cookies, marshmallows, red hots, (funny story, after lunch Drake wanted some candy, so I gave him some red hots; well, he didn't like them. Lot thought I was mean, I thought it was funny) gummy bears, chocolate santas, snowmen, bells, presents, and balls, necco wafers, mini m&ms, gum drops, mini candy canes, jelly beans, tic tacs, christmas candy corns, and frosted animal cookies. Here are pictures that Drake and I took of the monstrosity:
No comments:
Post a Comment