Thursday, December 2, 2010

Icicles

These were the icicles out a window the other day. They are actually longer now. One was longer that the window! We had icicles like this down one side of the house. Our icicle lights also have icicles on them:)

This is what our backyard looked like 3 inches of snow ago.

This is the huge icicle that was longer than the window. Lot broke it off for Drake today.

He is so proud of it, but not so proud that right after I took this, he went out side and was smashing it on the patio.

Look at our little walker! She doesn't crawl very much anymore.

This is what happens when I turn my back for a second. (Not sure what she is eating. Probably a bagel or piece of toast. She loves those for breakfast). This is also not the first cupboard she has crawled into. That orange this behind her is the bag I had to make for the cookie cutters because her and Drake destroyed the original container. I am not complaining, though. I can knot the drawstring and she can't dump all 100 cookie cutters out anymore.

Our tree! We decided to go with a fake one this year. No needles to sweep up, no more forgetting to water the tree, or dragging it out to the curb on the designated day for collection. We just have to find a place to store the thing after Christmas. Drake and I (mostly I) made gingerbread cookies for the tree. They, for the record, are not shatterproof. The ornaments are, but not the cookies. Chloe has already eaten 1 or 2 off the tree. She actually leaves the tree alone. I thought she would play with the ornaments, but she just looks at it, with the exception of the cookies, but that is why there are spares sitting on the counter ready to replace broken and eaten ones. She loves to look at the lights. The tree came with 400 clear lights on it, but we added about 400 more colored lights. I don't think we will be able to put presents under the tree, though. They are all wrapped and hiding and they will likely have to stay that way for 23 more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment