We received a letter today that was not a bill, junk, or a request for more information. It was about the donor listing for Lot. As of June 28, 2013, Lot has been placed on the cadaveric (deceased) donor list. This is just in case a live donor does not match up. This way, if that happens, Lot will have time accrued on the national registry. It is a seniority process. Whoever has accrued the most time, gets first chance for a donor. It is an average of 2-4 years to wait for a donor that matches Lot.
The donor process, living and cadaveric, is anonymous. Even if I were to be able to donate a kidney to Lot, they would not tell him anything. I would have to do it. It is the same with other family members. All we will know is that a living donor was matched and to prepare for the transplant.
While we hope and pray that a living donor is found soon, we also realize that we are on the Lord's time, not ours. We have to take a big leap of faith and trust that we will land on solid ground, better than before.
I have been running a few things through my head the last month or so and in addition to giving a talk last Sunday on gratitude and reading an article in the July 2013 Ensign, I am trying to put down in a post how we have dealt with this huge trial thrust upon us. I am only telling you this because now I am being held accountable by all of you to get it written. It may take me a few days, maybe a week, before the post goes live. It may involve tears, but the happy ones. And probably no pictures, even though posts, especially long posts, without pictures bug me to no end:)
No comments:
Post a Comment