Friday, April 22, 2011

Burns (or lack thereof)

I needed new/more potholders. You see, when you drop a potholder on the heating element of your oven, while it is on, it can and probably will, create a small fire, burning your potholder so that you have to be careful not to burn yourself when you use it: 


A couple of years ago, my mom made us 3 potholders for Christmas:
front

back
I loved them so much that I stopped using my other, commercially made, ugly ones. Well, I am a messy cook/baker and they get dirty, a lot! There are many times that all 3 are in the wash, (or more likely, sitting in the laundry basket for a week, waiting to get washed). 


I went to JoAnns and looked all over the store for the insul-bright and adfter finally finding it, I bought 1/2 a yard. This stuff is cheap and a little goes a long way. I made 8 potholders and still have enough to make about 8 more. I only used 1 layer of insul-bright. 2 would be better. But it is not like I am going to be holding a hot pan for more than the time it takes to put it on the counter or stove top. Here are a few pictures of my Chloe's new toys:







This Wii remote did not just come out of the oven:) It is so you can see the relative size of the potholders.

No comments:

Post a Comment