This is the Easter wreath I made for the front door. It took all day to do because of sick kids and a little girl that kept pulling off the glitter foam eggs and only those ones. She left the plain eggs alone. Not sure why.
 |
| I was planning on using those huge flowers, but it just did not look good. I got all of that at the dollar store. 2 sprigs of orchids, I think, 1 bag regular sized eggs, 1 bag of small eggs, 1 bag of the glitter foam eggs and an 18 inch wreath. I also used a ton of hot glue. Because it took all day to do, I forgot to take pictures of the process. But all I did was start gluing on the bigger eggs until I liked it, then the small eggs. I filled the wreath in with the orchids. Tied a ribbon on the top to hang it and then decided that an 18 inch wreath leaves too much room in the middle. So I found an oval piece of wood that I was going to use for something else, once upon a time, and painted it oyster white. I didn't like the fonts on my cricut for this, so I found one online, somewhere, and a clip art bunny, also from somewhere (goggled Easter and scrolled through until I found something I liked), and I cut then out. I did not want the lines that mod podgeing would produce, so I used a pencil and heavily traced the lines on the back, and then flipped the images over, placed them where I wanted, and then traced them again, transferring the pencil lines onto the plaque. I just filled in the lines and then used a marker to outline the bunny and words. When I sprayed the clear coat on, the pen I used to outline the bunny, ran, bad. I cleaned it up the best I could and then sanded it down to hide the rest. For the most part, it just looks like I really distressed the plaque: |
|
|


I made these canvases last week, to bring in more purple accents to the living room. I used an 18x24, 11x14, and an 8x10 canvas.
 |
| I sprayed the canvas with silver paint and then used painters tape to tape it off and paint various shades of purple. |
 |
| I attempted to mod podge paint chips onto this one. It did not work. I used a glue stick instead and flipped it over and put several heavy books on top to help them stay flat until the glue dried. |
 |
| I used baby food jar lids and milk lids to get the circles here. there are a few smudged spots because I had a little girl that just had to hold it. |
 |
| And this is the wall that I hung them on, for now. I made that wreath last year with a bunch of 2 and 3 inch circles pinned to a 12 inch wreath. I am still not completely satisfied with it, but it will do until I can dream up something else. |
Love the easter wreath! The paintings are lovely! I love the one where you used the paintchips the best!
ReplyDeleteI am having a gibeaway on my blog. $38 + free ship from busy little hands to buy a cute kid backpack from her store. She has tote's for mom too.Do check it out. kids would love it!
http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/03/38-store-credit-free-shipping-giveaway.html
I totally LOVE your Easter wreath. It is too cute. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete