Saturday, March 26, 2011

Finally!

I finally got some material to extend the cuffs on my red coat. I couldn't find the right color of red for it, so Lot suggested that I use black. I really like how it turned out.

Close up of one of the sleeves. The other looks just like this one. Imagine that:)

And the hem.
 All I did was get some black felt (because the wool felt was expensive and didn't look or feel right), and ruffled it and then pinned it on and sewed it to the jacket.

These nest 2 pictures are of some fabric that I bought last night to make shorts for the kids and Lot and capri's for me for our family pictures this summer or early fall. These were NOT supposed to be on sale, but were, so I did not get to use the 2 50% off coupons I had. Therefore, I paid WAY more for them than I normally would have. But after waiting to get them cut for 45 minutes and waiting to checkout for 20, I just wanted to get out of there. What really gets me is that there was NO sign anywhere near the fabric saying that is was on sale. It was regularly $14.99 a yard and on sale for $11.99. I got 3 yards of each. You do the math, because it makes me cry. I could have bought shorts and shirts for all 4 of us for less than I paid for the stupid fabric. Since is was so expensive, I need to go find a sheet or something similarly large at DI to make dummy shorts/capri's with. Since I can't find a pattern for what we want, I will be winging it and don't want to screw up with the good stuff:



1 comment:

  1. Did you get that fabric at Joanns? I had that happen with the fabric being on sale when I wanted to use my 50% off coupons. I didn't buy the fabric. Then I went back Saturday to get it and it wasn't there anymore. Made me mad. It will make cute shorts for pictures though! And I love the coat. It's so hard to find coats with long enough sleeves. Can I steal your idea?

    ReplyDelete