Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I have turned into "one of those moms"

Today, Drake brought home a letter from preschool saying that on Thursday, they are having a Valentines Party and that if we wish, we can give Valentines to the kids. I had planned on doing Valentines anyway, it was what happened after we finished making them that I think makes me one of those moms (You know, the ones that take projects, especially kids projects, just a little too far for the sake of cuteness?).

But first, here are the Valentines that Drake and I made for his class:

I cut out a bunch of 2 inch hearts on the cricut and glued them on half of a blank note card (I cut them in half).  I then used elmers glue to glue the eyes on then it was Drake's turn. He drew on the smile, arms, and legs. I used a few stamps and red ink and stamped Happy Valentines Day in the top right corner. I had some conversation heart stamps that I used in the top left corner and in the bottom left corner, there is a hugs & kisses stamp. I used a regular hole punch and punched 2 holes about 1 1/2  inches apart and inserted a sucker in the holes. This  is a blank Valentine. The ones for his class have their names at the top. Drake was so proud of himself for helping me.



And this is why I am one of those moms:

I do not have any small sacks for Drake to take these to his class in, so I made 2 nags for him. This one for his church class and is small enough that he can use it for his scriptures. It is about 8x10 inches, not including the handle.

This one is larger at about 12x13 inches, not including the handle. It is for his preschool class, since there are more kids in there than in his church class.

2 comments:

  1. I'm one of those moms too...I've been thinking all week about cute ideas for Valentines for the kids and haven't bothered to ask what they want to do...cause I know they want to go get Star Wars or Princess cards from WalMart. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will go to walmart after monday and pick up some cards for next year. I am not sure that I want to make 30+ cards. Family Fun has several cute ideas for cards. There are also tons around blogland. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete