I thought I was going to do two
conversation heart topiaries, but with no wet foam, I used one. I didn't figure this out until after I finished this project. I had our pens and pencils in a small clay pot in the kitchen window, so I used that for the topiary. Because I used the pot, I needed something else to hold my stuff. I came up with this:
I used a chocolate covered peanut canister, a scrap of fabric, mod podge, ribbon, and fabric glue.
 |
| See? Chocolate covered peanuts. They were really good, by the way. Especially when they were frozen. |
 |
| I cut the wrapper off and traced the outline onto the fabric. Then cut it out. |
 |
| I used mod podge to adhere it to the can. To cover up the seams and my lack of straight cutting, I used some small ribbon and put that on with the fabric glue. I would have used hot glue, but then I would have had a tell tale line. |
 |
| TADA! All finished! |
 |
| The bonus to this is that 1) it is bigger that the clay pot and 2)It is red to match the kitchen. (I am in the process of slowly changing the accessories and window treatments to red.) |
No comments:
Post a Comment