I shouldn't be as excited as I am about new curtains. I found some lacy and shear fabric and JoAnns to cover the window in our front door. I already had the deep purple fabric.
 |
| Sorry, not the best pictures, but you get the idea. |
 |
| Here is a closeup that shows the color way better. |
 |
| It needed something else, so I made small box pleats on a valance. I am not sold on this, though. It matches too much, I think. I am thinking about doing the same thing with some burlap to give it texture and to break up all the purple. |
 |
| This is a closeup of the lace curtain. I serged the shear fabric and the lace together. You can still kinda see in, but it is more shadows, even at night. |
 |
| This is what it looks like when the purple curtain is untied. Oh, that is 1 1/2 or 2 inch ribbon. I measured how far up I wanted the curtain to be tied and then doubled that to get how long I needed the ribbon to be. I think it was 11 inches. So each side is around 22 inches. I did not want the ribbon to bunch up or gap, so I stitched ribbon down at 11 inches. I really like how it turned out. It is nice to not have the blinds there anymore. And to not have to close them every time we leave the house because you could see all the way to the back of the house if they were open. In fact, during the day, I don't think you can see in at all. I will have to try that tomorrow. |
|
No comments:
Post a Comment