Sunday, January 30, 2011

Chicken Enchiladas

I made chicken enchiladas for lunch last Sunday. I made prepared them Saturday night, so that Sunday morning, all I had to do was throw it in the oven and set the time bake. My kids love these. Well, except the chicken for Chloe. She is not a meat eater, but she loves the cheese and olives!

This recipe comes from my mom, not sure where she got it from. Enjoy!



Chicken Enchiladas
10-12 corn tortilla shells
3 cups cooked, cubed chicken
2-3 cans cream of chicken soup
1-2 cups sour cream
1 medium onion, diced, or 6 green onions, chopped
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 can green chilies
olives, optional
oil for frying shells

Fry up the shells in the oil until soft. Set aside. Combine the chicken, soup, sour cream, onions, and 1 cup of cheese. Mix well. Place a big spoonful of chicken mixture into the middle of each shell and roll up. Place in a greased 13-9 pan. Pour remaining mixture over the enchiladas. Sprinkle with cheese and olives, if desired. Tent with foil and cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35-40 minutes. Add a green or fruit salad and some rolls and you have a good rounded meal!
Notes: I usually add more cheese. We are a cheese-loving family. I only sprinkle the olives on half of the pan because I hate olives, but everyone else loves them. On the half that does not have olives, I like to put another can of green chilies.

No comments:

Post a Comment