Sunday, January 9, 2011

What has kept me busy the last 3 days...

I organized all of my fabric since it has finally outgrown the 18 gallon tub I used to keep it in. Once I finish Chloe's rag quilt, the pile on the top left will pretty much be gone.

I made my own Cami Secret in about 15 minutes with a scrap of fabric, about 2 1/2 inches of fabric and small pieces of velcro. No more tank tops for me! I found the super easy tutorial at Keeping it Simple. I don't have any lace, but I do have a remnant that has a scalloped edge that I think would be cute.

Ignore the wrinkles, please. It was comfortable enough (either that I was too lazy, take your pick) that I took a nap with this skirt on. It is a pair of jeans that I loved but they shrunk and were just a tad too short for my tastes. I have also been wanted a denim skirt and I just made one for free! The tutorial is at This Mabey Heaven. The panel in interchangeable, which is a good thing because in the original, the panel was made with the legs of the pants that were cut off. I wanted my skirt a little longer, so there was not enough material to make it work. So I looked through my newly organized fabric and found a pattern that I liked (and that there was enough of) and used that instead.

I made these last night after the kids went to bed. I am thinking that with the next pair, I will put a bead in the middle of the white bead to hide the string. I actually don't mind the string there. I used what I had, so the string is actually a stretchy cord that I used to make my watch a while back. Which worked in my favor because Chloe decided to pull at them at church and instead if pulling the earring out, it just stretched.

1 comment:

  1. I love the denim skirt!! Super adorable, wrinkles and all ;)

    ReplyDelete