Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Yes, it has already been a year since my last birthday.  Anyway, I have already received a few gifts early. Right after Christmas, Lot bought me a nativity set. My first! (hopefully not last) It is hard to believe that I have made it this long without having one. I can't wait until I can put it up! Of course, I need to find (or make) a place to put it:) Lot also surprised me about 2 weeks ago with a new electric blanket. I LOVE that thing! We barely use the heater in out room anymore. We also recieved a Target gift card at Lot's company party, so I used that last weekend to buy a 3 barrel curling iron and a reversible pink/brown bubble vest. I wanted boots, but I am having a hard time finding any that I like.

On Friday, I received a Kohl's gift card (thanks Pam & Jaren:)). So I went early Saturday morning and found a red wool coat and a cute black button down shirt with a skinny blue snakeskin belt. The sleeves on the coat are about 2-3 inches to short, so when JoAnns finally opens their new store on March 11th, I will go and get some red wool and ruffle it and sew onto the sleeve ends. I couldn't pass up buying the coat when it was $20 instead of $72, and the only one left.

Today has been a lazy day. We went out for an early lunch with my dad and brother and then were going to go to a movie, but Chloe fell asleep after we went grocery shopping, so we went to Zurchers instead (she stayed asleep laying in the cart the whole time, and on the way home. Zurchers is a new party supply store that moved into the old Roberts building. I now know where to buy ALL of your party needs. They are very well priced and have TONS of things! Drake wants a Star Wars birthday party (he is turning 5 in 18 days!). We checked out their stuff and found everything that we would need. I will go back without him and get the stuff to surprise him on his birthday. I would highly recommend going to Zurchers if you need to plan any type of party, or if you need to kill and hour or two:) I think we were in there for about an hour. Drake was running from one thing to the next, they had so much stuff.

Tonight, my mom and sisters are coming over and we are going to have nachos and a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake for dessert. Drake wants me to blow out 27 candles, so the cheesecake is going to be holey and hopefully it doesn't take too long to blow out that many candles and have candle wax on there as well. Maybe some pictures will be taken, maybe not. If there are any good ones, I will post them later.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday! I saw your new coat Sunday...lets just say I was covetous. :-) Hope it's a great day (or two or three) for you!

    ReplyDelete