So for the last year, we have been trying to find a Superman monster truck for Drake. Every time we go into a store and are near the toys, we look. It has finally paid off! I found one! We were at Toys R Us (the giraffe store in our house) and were looking for a companion toy to go with something that we got for rake for his birthday. We always go up and down all the aisles, and I saw the truck! I would have paid more for it, too, but it was the regular price, which was a-okay with me! Lot left it on Drake's car seat, so when we go to pick him up from preschool, he will see it. The good thing about it for me is that I can use it for the next few days at least, to help him be good. While at the giraffe store, we also found some chairs for the kids. We have been trying to find a chair for Chloe, see a previous post about the chair wars, and finally found one for her! They did not have any girly ones, but there was a Mickey Mouse one, and she likes Mickey Mouse. We also picked a Handy Manny one up for Drake. Can't beat a good deal.
We have been having trouble starting our Jeep lately. Well, more trouble than usual, so we went to Checker to get a new battery. A person that works there comes in to Play N Trade and said that he can give Lot a good deal on a new battery with a 2 year replacement, no questions asked. So that is were Lot is at the moment. I sure hope it works out.
I have also been sewing Drake's Thomas blanket and am almost done with that. We bought a Thomas panel about 2 years ago and I am finally getting to it. Because I need a time-out from tying quilts, I just marked every 4 inches (which worked out perfectly) and am sewing somewhat straight lines to keep the batting in place. Next I will tackle the rag quilt, which won't be hard, but I am sure that my hand will fall off when I am done.
After that project, I think I will tackle new curtains for the living room and the kids' room. And then the quiet book. This is going to be a sewing year. I can't wait until it is warm and I can send the kids outside to play in the dirt and water, although preferably not at the same time;)
Oh, Lot had his Christmas work party last night. It was better than the last one, especially since we walked away with $100 in Best Buy gift cards! I think we are going to get a new blu-ray player, but Lot wants to do some homework to find the best one for the least amount of $. Our current one, which is not even a year old, has major problems with playing unless we update the firmware every week, and since we don't have a cable connection in the living room, we have to run a cable cord through the house. I am BAD with exposed cords. I will trip on them even if I lift my foot way over the cord. Cords and I don't get along. I think we also need to get a new 5 disc dvd player as well. Lot has taken ours apart, but it looks and feels clean, so we are not sure why it is temperamental and will only play movies in # 2 & 3. If the movie is brand new and no finger prints or scratches, we can sometimes get it to play in the other slots. It is only 5 years old, I think, but it has seen some use! Especially last year when I was pregnant and sick. Drake would pick 5 movies and put them in and I would sleep on the couch while he watched them.
Well, I think that is all my random mumblings for today. Enjoy your new year! And for those in Idaho, try not to freeze! (Our windows have ice on them in the morning and the front door ices shut). Hopefully we can have an actual Spring this year? Yes? No? Maybe? Please?
No comments:
Post a Comment