I bought 3 large bunches of bananas on Friday and they were gone on MONDAY! I went to Winco last night and bought 6 bunches hoping that we can go a whole week without buying more. The reason we (actually it is the kids and Lot that eat most if them, although I do eat a few) have gone through so many is that Chloe is in one of those food ruts and seems to only eat bananas. She does eat other foods, but she LOVES bananas.
I was watching something last week, can't remember what, and they were saying that high sodium intake does not necessarily cause high blood pressure. It is the lack of potassium in the diet. The potassium binds to the salt in the blood and does not cause a raise in blood pressure. So, because of this information, Lot is eating at least 2 bananas a day. He says that he has noticed that his blood pressure is not so high, especially when he medications have started to wear off. I am just glad that bananas are so cheap.
No comments:
Post a Comment